Zelda Gamson tried for decades to stop smoking. But while one part of her wanted to quit, another part just didn't want to let go. So, how do you win a tug-of-war with yourself? We decided to ask one of the greatest negotiators of our time for some advice. Adam ...
We plunge into a black hole, take a trip over Niagara Falls, and upend some myths about falling cats.
Two stories about heart-stopping falls:
1. Falling Time: David Eagleman gets to the bottom of what goes on in our brains during those life or death moments when time seems to slow way down.
2. Falling in Love: Lulu Miller brings us the story of Sarita and Simon, who fell in...and then out...of love.
Two stories of falling in everyday life, and one fantastical leap:
6. Falling Asleep: Professor Frederick Coolidge argues that our tree-dwelling ancestors are to blame for a hiccup in our sleeping patterns.
7. Walking as Falling: David Eagleman explains walking as the act of calibrating our steps to turn falls into forward motion.
8. Falling Apart: Neil deGrasse Tyson takes us on a one-way trip into a black hole.
Eleven meditations on how, when, and even if we die.