Zelda Gamson tried for decades to stop smoking. But while one part of her wanted to quit, another part just didn't want to let go. So, how do you win a tug-of-war with yourself? We decided to ask one of the greatest negotiators of our time for some advice. Adam ...
Two stories of falling in everyday life, and one fantastical leap:
6. Falling Asleep: Professor Frederick Coolidge argues that our tree-dwelling ancestors are to blame for a hiccup in our sleeping patterns.
7. Walking as Falling: David Eagleman explains walking as the act of calibrating our steps to turn falls into forward motion.
8. Falling Apart: Neil deGrasse Tyson takes us on a one-way trip into a black hole.
Two stories about heart-stopping falls:
1. Falling Time: David Eagleman gets to the bottom of what goes on in our brains during those life or death moments when time seems to slow way down.
2. Falling in Love: Lulu Miller brings us the story of Sarita and Simon, who fell in...and then out...of love.
We plunge into a black hole, take a trip over Niagara Falls, and upend some myths about falling cats.
Eleven meditations on how, when, and even if we die.