Last chance to submit Radiolab app ideas

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 - 12:40 PM

We're gearing up to start building our first-ever mobile phone app, and we want your input.

What would you love to see in a Radiolab app? Be as specific and creative as you can. We'll be rounding up all the best suggestions for consideration with our design team. And! We're still in the market for a talented, professional team to build the app--so if you're a designer or developer, throw your hat in the ring by submitting a proposal below (check out our specifications here).

THE DEADLINE FOR IDEAS AND PROPOSALS IS JUNE 1st:

Submit a Suggestion or Idea

Submit a Professional Proposal for the App

AC from www.renren.com

Good!

Aug. 17 2011 10:22 PM
Daniel Wood from PDX•ORE

Hi there - in the event that you are still looking for professional estimates for development support, our firm would be honored to help. We have experience across the majority of mobile platforms from app inception to deployment... and most importantly, we're big fans of the show. Happy to help if there is still an opportunity.

cheers!

DANIEL TIMOTHY WOOD
Digital Strategy Director

tenfour
905 NW 12th Ave, Suite 110
Portland, OR 97209
tenfouragency.com

Jul. 01 2011 02:02 PM
lady Sinn watches

I adore the comments on this blog, it definitely gives it that community sense!

Jun. 16 2011 10:32 PM
JP from NY, NY

I want a Rock, Paper, Scissors app. you can choose how many participants, but the hand which you are is randomly chosen as well as which signal your hand throws out.

Perhaps people are looking for an excuse not to make a decision.

May. 23 2011 01:54 PM
Mike K from Ohio

Please create an app that auto-updates (or ALLOWS for auto updates to be configured) whenever a new podcast is published! Then have it display a little # over the app symbol to tell me I have some new GOLD to listen to! That's about all I would ask for!

May. 23 2011 01:24 PM
Patti from Florida

I have a rotton memory so please allow me to use your app with a highly enabling search for random keywords, dates, guests, or other unique bits from shows that have somehow been the only thing to lodge in my mind beside the fact that I enjoyed the program and want to hear it again. Sorry.

May. 22 2011 03:29 PM
D from Fort Worth, TX

I've been streaming the program this last month using the npr phone app. but I cant stand when I have an interruption. My biggest issue when streaming the episodes is not having the ability to scroll/rewind/fast forward the parts I've missed. I have to just restart the whole program.

May. 19 2011 05:24 PM
Indigo from Sacramento

I would love to be able to radiolab-ize thoughts like Jad did in the helicopter boy podcast. That would be fun!!!

I am excited no matter what you guys do! You can't go wrong...

<3 Radiolab <3

May. 19 2011 04:33 PM
Theodore

I want an app where i can take a pic and then place a goat on top of random objects in the pic.

May. 19 2011 12:23 PM
Chel from Canada

I would like to be able to create a playlist of the shorter episodes. I've gone through all the hour long shows on iTunes, and am now starting the shorts. Would like to play a few in a row to avoid fiddling with my iPhone every twenty minutes. Then again... By the time the app is ready, I'll have gone through all the episodes! Ha! Love the program. I have a mild addiction to it!

May. 18 2011 11:23 PM
scott from Brooklyn

Keep it simple with rock solid programing.

I would like to navigate the podcasts, choose one, and then click play. That's it! Start simple straight ahead and assure that it works. Add the 'bling bling' in updates.

Or... have an app display a bouncing Jared head. That would be cool too.

May. 18 2011 03:11 PM
Adam from Salem, Ore.

My first thought was some kind of feedback that allows you to express emotion at a certain point in the broadcast/podcast - similar to election speeches. That would enable socially searchable "wow" moments as well as provide feedback for the show.

May. 18 2011 01:38 PM