Dave Foley, of Kids in the Hall fame, joins us in Seattle!

Monday, August 13, 2012

We're so excited to team up with Dave Foley for our live shows in Seattle on 8/24 and 8/25. We’re freaking out a little bit because we adored Kids in the Hall and we’re over the moon now that Dave will bring his legendary comedic chops, and his fascinatingly offbeat sense of humor, to bear on the ideas of lightness and darkness, and seeing and not seeing, for our live show In the Dark.

Dave will join Jad and Robert on stage with the shape-shiftingly dazzling dance troupe Pilobolus, and the irresistibly rocking singer-songwriter Thao Nguyen. You don't want to miss it. In the Dark is the most ambitious live show we've ever done, and it's chock-full of science, suspense, comedy, dance, and rock and roll.

Join us as we explore the evolution of the eye and the miracle of sight, listen in on a fiercely personal debate between two blind men, and relive the heart-pounding true story of one astronaut's unforgettable spacewalk.

Tickets are on sale now for 8/24 and 8/25 at the Paramount Theatre.

Andrea from D.C./Seattle

Loved you much in Seattle. The entire show was wonderful! Dave was so funny I embarrassed myself laughing so hard. Please come again!!!!!

Sep. 06 2012 10:02 PM
Kristin K from Seattle

I couldn't help but sing "These are the Daves I know, I know. These are the Daves I know..." in my head when I saw him on stage.

Aug. 28 2012 06:40 PM
Reilly from Haines, AK

My friends and I saw the Friday night show, and it was a blast. We all loved it, and David was a great addition. We can't wait for the next tour!

Aug. 27 2012 01:56 PM
Marston Gould from Seattle, WA

It was a great show. David was really funny.

The entire show was really interesting too. Especially the bit about the evolution of the eye.

Aug. 27 2012 02:12 AM
Gena McGregor from Gig Harbor, WA

Had a wonderful night. Dave Foley was super good. Such a smart show and crowd. I learned something and that is priceless. I was moved to tears twice. Thank you, and please come again!

Aug. 26 2012 11:20 PM
Stefanie from Ft. Lewis, WA

Great show. Geek friendly fun. Only complaint was the bad writing on the gag surprise at the end. Minor problem. I would love to see more of this stuff.

Aug. 26 2012 03:26 AM
Erin from Seattle

Wow, what a show--and Dave Foley added a lot when he connected with the show's theme (first segment especially). Other times, it didn't flow; now that I know he was a sub, that makes more sense. I bet tonight he'll adjust to be a better complement to the rest of the broadcast.

Aug. 25 2012 11:55 AM
Nancy from Seattle

I bought tickets based on the promotion that said very clearly that Demitri Martin was a part of the show. The show was okay but I felt embarrassed that my guests did not get what was promised. You should have notified ticket holders when this changed.

Berkeley, do not trust the promotion . Confirm this if it matters to you.

Aug. 25 2012 03:15 AM
Jeff from Seattle

Great show!! Now I want to go again tomorrow, and Dave Foley......Awesome,

Aug. 25 2012 02:30 AM
Matt from truckee,ca.

Dave Foley on a science-based show?
I'm shocked!
The man potrayed a blue male worker ant!
It's just so wrong.

Aug. 23 2012 05:28 PM
Lindsay from Olympia, WA

Packing my truck with a handful of evolutionary biologists from Olympia, WA and heading to Seattle to see the show this Saturday! We've been pumped for months!

Aug. 22 2012 05:10 PM
Ellen Horne from Radiolab's recording studios at WNYC

Christopher, for the Seattle shows Dave Foley is going to be there in place of Demetri Martin. Hope that clears up the confusion!

Aug. 21 2012 03:45 PM
Christopher

Is Dimitri Martin at the Seattle shows?

NPR adds say so, but website is saying Dave Foley...

Aug. 20 2012 07:03 PM
Ashley from Spokane

If it's possible, I'm even more excited for this show now. In just over a week!!!

Aug. 16 2012 02:56 PM