We had a blast in Seattle

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 06:55 PM

We had a blast in Seattle last weekend -- we were in town for Radiolab Live: in the Dark, and we took a little time to explore while we were in town.

First up, we headed to Two Beers Brewing Co., where over a hundred nimble-fingered Radiolab fans pitched in at a pre-show chore party to help us with some essential prop assembly. Thanks to everybody who came out to lend a hand, and thanks to Two Beers for letting us take over the place for a few hours!

Here's Tasting Manager Dan Amerdang (best title ever?) with our very own Executive Producer, Ellen Horne, toasting all our hardworking volunteers:

Friday night, and our name in lights! Woohoo -- how 'bout this marquee at the Paramount?:

Friday's show was awesome. We got up Saturday full of energy and ready for trouble. So we ran around town for a bit of sightseeing with some eyeball-clad dancers from Pilobolus (the amazing dance troupe we're teaming up with for In the Dark). Here they are at Pike Place Market, bravely holding their ground as a whopping fish whizzes by their heads:

A good time was had by all, especially two lucky fans who got to hang with Jad and Robert backstage after the show on Saturday -- Marika Zimmerly from Portland, Oregon and her guest Chris, the winners of the Stitcher Flyaway contest to see Radiolab live in Seattle:

Catch you later, Seattle!

alex from portland or

i think that dude meant the residents, not negativland.

Oct. 09 2012 04:50 PM
Miles West from Ferndale, MI

Eye balls? They should get heat from Negativeland. An 80's band lead by John Balance whose iconic eyeball costumes gave them a mysterious stage presence.

Sep. 19 2012 01:37 PM
James from Renton, WA

Friday's show was amazing! I loved Dave Foley, and getting the opportunity to play a small role in the show. An experience I will never forget, and anxiously look forward to when you guys return to Seattle.

Keep up the amazing work!

Sep. 18 2012 06:25 PM
DonQuix from Seattle

I loved the show and loved Dave. I wouldn't have changed a thing but add more science jokery. Great job by all!

Sep. 11 2012 08:48 PM
Mike from Burlington, VT

I really enjoyed the show. I planned my trip and extended my stay so that I could attend your show in Seattle.

I hope you can bring it to Burlington VT. Preferably live in person, but movie theater simulcast works too.

The dancers really added to the show, it was very enjoyable. I'd see it again. We also saw the eyeballs downtown before the show and had a good laugh.

Dave Foley was funny, and a fun part of the show. However I do agree with the previous comment, there is nothing on your radio show that would have made me expect his language. I wasn't offended, but had this been an afternoon show, I would have brought my young nephew and been quite surprised. For instance, the TAL podcast does have more edgy stuff than it's radio version. However yours has always been "family friendly.". I'm a Carlin fan, so I was simply surprised by something unexpected. I sound like an old fuddy-duddy.

Keep up the good work. The theater is a great extension of the radio.

Sep. 09 2012 09:43 PM
Joim from Stockholm, Sweden

Just wanted to thank you for an amazing show. Me and my friend listened to alot of RadioLab shows during our roadtrip across USA. Imagine our joy when we arrived in Seattle just to find out you were having a show there during our stay!

Is the video for the segment with the diods in the end posted somewhere on the site?

Once again, thanks.

Sep. 07 2012 03:37 AM
mike from Mercer Island, WA

So enjoyed the show..........but the "comic" was crude and obnoxious. Robert and Chad were fantastic but the evening was a miss due to the comic. Next pass through our lovely State please include a line up that does not have to drop the "F-bomb" to punctuate his delivery.

Sep. 03 2012 11:19 PM
Angelica Magnoni from Seattle

Had a great time at the show! Thanks for coming out!

Sep. 03 2012 03:59 AM