Dave Foley, of Kids in the Hall fame, joins us in the Midwest!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

We adored Kids in the Hall, so we're kind of freaking out a little that Dave Foley's teaming up with us for our live shows in Chicago, Milwaukee, and Madison this weekend! Grab your tickets now to catch In the Dark in the Midwest on 9/28, 9/29, and 9/30.

Dave Foley will bring his legendary comedic chops to bear on the ideas of lightness and darkness, and seeing and not seeing, on stage with Jad and Robert. Plus, the astoundingly creative and athletic dance troupe Pilobolus helps us compress millions of years of evolution into a step-by-step demonstration of how the eye may have come into being. And indie rocker Thao Nguyen scores the whole thing live!

In the Dark is the most ambitious live show we've ever done -- it's a larger-than-life night of science, suspense, comedy, dance, and rock and roll. Hope to see you there!

Ryan from Janesville, Wisconsin

This guy was so, so awful. His "comedy," was pathetically overwrought and on-the-nose. OH HAHA CHRISTIANS DON"T BELIEVE IN SCIENCE LOL. If it matters, I'm as atheist as they come; however, Mr. Foley made jokes that any well-read 8th-grader could. The live show was kind of a letdown, anyway. Mayhaps it was the sour taste Dave Foley left in my mouth. Radiolab folks, I love you, but I'm not donating money anymore. He was so, so bad. He was that bad. Never let that happen again, please.

Oct. 29 2012 04:43 AM
Jeana

Saw the live show in Portland, Ore., and I'm STILL amazed. Thank you!

Oct. 11 2012 12:52 AM
Jason from Madison, WI

I was at the Madison show and I sat in front of the women who asked the question about "vulgar comedians" and I'll tell you this: that b*tch was swearing like a sailor when she sat down. On top of that she was blurting out this and poo pooing that throughout most of the show. I was thinking to myself, "am I going to have to turn around and tell this b*tch to STFU?". Judging by how she was acting and what she was saying, my guess is she was a drunk theist. Luckily she got hers from Foley. I just wish I would have called her out while I was sitting there.

Great show! Hope to see you guys in Madison again!

Oct. 02 2012 09:50 AM
Hananah

I have one thing to say: "And to you: COCK!"

Oct. 02 2012 02:08 AM
amy from madison wi

Was at the show in madison last night and have to apologize for the rude person who complained about Dave Foley. my family and I thought he was hilarious! We especially loved the Foxworthy comment! the show was great as we expected. My husband had not yet succumbed to my love of radiolab (I have turned my 28 yr old daughter into a fan) but he went to the show and will now be a podcast listener. As a scientist, I love how you make science accessible and intriguing. keep planning those live shows and come to madison again.

Oct. 01 2012 03:20 PM
Nathan from Madison

I was initially sad to hear of the line-up change after tickets went on sale for the Madison show but was super delighted to see Dave Foley take the spot. Kids in the Hall remains one of my favorite sketch troupes ever and he was delightful despite the naysaying. As an avid listener and first-time audience member I had little idea what to expect from the performance, and it blew them out of the water. I have to admit that I kept the handout though!

Oct. 01 2012 10:59 AM
L from Madison

Loved the show. Dave Foley was awesome. Too bad some stick in the mud gave him a hard time. He recovered well. Thao was amazing as usual. Loved the show, as always.

Oct. 01 2012 10:37 AM
Ron from Chicago

Checked out the show in Chicago with my son. I wasn't sure how the radio show would translate to a live performance - it was fantastic, funny, informative, and of course entertaining. I agree the "light thing" was cool too. Only thing my son was bummed he couldn't keep it.

Sep. 30 2012 08:21 PM
Chris Tedin from Chicago, IL

Hell of a show. Everyone was great, and it was amazing to see Dave Foley on stage. Made me cry, he was so funny! Love the "finger size vs. penis size" study by the South Koreans. Great music, great dancing, and of course GREAT SCIENCE! The "light thing" at the end was spectacular. (I won't give it away).

Sep. 29 2012 04:14 PM
Dustin Fitzgerald from Indiananapolis,IN

Great show I was Blown Away to see Dave Foley! Thanks

Sep. 29 2012 11:53 AM
Samantha from Chicago, IL

Went to the Chicago Show last night and it was one of the best live shows I've ever been to. So poignant, informative, and beautiful AS ALWAYS. Thank you Radiolab for being my favorite podcast for the last four years. You never cease to amaze me!!!

Sep. 29 2012 11:01 AM