Name Your Ancestor Now: Vote!

Get in on the first round ancestral bracket action

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 - 04:00 PM

See those 32 names in the bracket below? One of them will be the name of your ancestor.

But first, you must vote.

Scroll down to the survey, pick your favorite from the pairs of randomized head-to-head match-ups, and make sure you hit DONE to make your vote count.

Get ready to say goodbye to the "hypothetical placental mammal" -- that wily, insect-eating creature that is our grrrrrreeeeaaatttt grandancestor -- and hello to either...

These are the Top 32 contenders from the 1,000+ names y'all submitted to our Name Your Ancestor contest, winnowed down by Radiolab and the folks over at AMNH.

Who'll make it to the Sweet 16? You decide.

You have until 5PM EDT on Thursday, March 14 to vote:

P.S.: Did you remember to click DONE?

P.P.S.: If you're having trouble seeing the survey in your browser or phone, try this direct link to vote.

Sydney

NOVA NOVA NOVA

Mar. 28 2013 09:55 AM
Robin A.

I can't see anywhere to vote in either Firefox or Internet Exploder. Any tricks needed?

Mar. 20 2013 12:28 AM
ari

Please vote for Nova in honor of my science teacher who is sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much!

Ari
7th Grade

Mar. 17 2013 06:12 PM

Thanks. I was using Safari and couldn't find a way to vote yesterday. I checked today and found the direct link you guys posted, but it seems I got here too late & it's closed. I keep forgetting I'm on Mountain Time... oh well

Mar. 14 2013 07:03 PM
curious

Hi,

On one website it said the top 16 would be posted at 5 PM.

It is 6. WIll it be posted soon? I am very excited!!

Mar. 14 2013 06:06 PM
ari

Everyone please vote for Nova in honor of my science teacher who is very sick. My whole class entered this name in honor of her and it would mean so much to us and her if it won!

----

Ari and the entire 7th grade class of VCS

Mar. 14 2013 04:26 PM

Thanks, @thomas, and thank you for the heads up @Diane from Vancouver - I used it once in Chrome, but I agree it's been spotty in that Browser. I'll pass your note onto our team!

Mar. 13 2013 10:23 AM
thomas

I believe there was a typo in paleoeve (spelled paleoeye in the question?)

Mar. 13 2013 04:12 AM
Chuck

what a great name.

Mar. 12 2013 07:58 PM
Jolene

wonderful!

Mar. 12 2013 07:50 PM
Diana from Vancouver

The survey does not show up in Chrome web browser, but you can vote in Internet explorer.

Mar. 12 2013 06:59 PM

Thanks @Chris!

Mar. 12 2013 05:03 PM

@tigrisvirgata: Thanks for the note! We've got our people checking it out, but if you want to give us more info, let us know what browser you are on (better yet, feel free to send us a screen shot of what you're seeing at radiolab@wnyc.org). Also, a side-note: if you already voted once, the survey will disappear and not let you vote twice... just in case you really like Punky Shrewster...

Mar. 12 2013 04:56 PM
Chris

The survey does not appear when viewing this blog post on an iPhone. Just sayin'.

Mar. 12 2013 04:54 PM

There does not appear to be a way to vote...

Mar. 12 2013 04:22 PM
Skylar from Los Angeles, CA

Looks like a Wilbur to me!

Mar. 12 2013 04:22 PM