The Bliss Jackpot

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 01:10 PM

Our Bliss episode (which airs across the country this week) begins with a perfect moment -- polar adventurer Aleksander Gamme finding a hidden stash of utter happiness under the ice at the end of a 3-month trek in the South Pole. And it was all caught on camera.

Charlotte from Trondheim, Norway

This episode really made my day! I've seen Alexanders video on youtube before, but when you played the soundtrack I just had to laugh for my self (while at the shop, looking stupid). Thanks for a great show!

Apr. 02 2013 01:20 PM
Laura from WI

This is one of my favorite episodes, when the mom, told the women in the Blitz/Bliss story, that her child said I Love You, I literally cried. Thank you for that story. Not to mention how absolutely crazyawesome the beginning of the show was, my husband reacts to cheesy doodles the exact say way every time. :O)

Mar. 31 2013 08:13 AM
wayne damron from Fresno, California, Planet Earth

This is about the psilocybin experiences on your program. I took it once, probably 30 years ago, and I have always claimed that it was the most holy experience I have ever had. I was surprised and gratified to hear the similarity of the experiences of the others, they were exactly the same; (how curious). I took it in the early morning sitting on a boulder on top of a mountain. I sat down to watch the sun come up and I could feel the earth tumbling and hear it rumbling through space. I felt an incomparable bliss and oneness with the universe, I had no fear of the bee that landed on my arm; I was at one with everything. It was a day I will never forget. I remember that when I got back home my wife was mad as me for doing drugs, but I told her that she might as well save her anger for tomorrow because today was just too beautiful for her to ruin. Thanks for the show.

Mar. 30 2013 06:15 PM
Heinrich from Minnesota

Wonderful program... thanks! Sad, though, that Mr. Bliss couldn't just let go of his personal goal and see the true gift of his invented language. Typical German!

Mar. 30 2013 05:06 PM

This is fantastic. I listened to the podcast but never checked out the video. Well worth it. Would be nice to note that it's better with the closed caption on though. DOUBLE CHEESE DOODLES!

Mar. 29 2013 12:23 PM