Welcome to Radiolab!

Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 02:40 PM

Welcome to our new blog! Kick off your shoes and explore. Read behind-the-scenes updates, find out what's piquing our curiosity, and download Radiolab ringtones! Take a look around. Check out some of the ideas floating around in our brains, and tell us what you think.

Liqud360

Podcast your show then listen to it during my night shift in the hospital lab. Sometimes, when I listen to certain episodes, I turn off all the lights in the lab. Only the glow of the monitors light my way, as I relax and listen to the flow.

Feb. 17 2008 03:04 AM
Easter

Dear Jad and Robert,

At the end of this year I should be out of debt (idea for a show?) accrued from the decline and deaths of two very loved cats (see above comments on cats and theme parks), and plan to take whatever I've saved after paying off said debt and divide it between all the podcasts I listen to that are produced at public radio stations (about ten at this point) so that I'm no longer a free loader. Just had to take care of the cats and now the debt. Oh. The new cat now has a savings account for future vet expenses. Yeah, I know there is pet insurance, but they would have cancelled me by now or the co-pay would probably have rivaled my own at my worthless, unnamed HMO.

Anyway, someone (Nate) said how about a show on Survival? After marathoning through "Jericho," I have become obsessed with what to put up in case of a disaster, natural or otherwise. (The next book on my pile of books to read is the SAS handbook to survival. No kidding.) My biggest disappointment with Jericho, however, was that the premise was fabulous, but I think that the threads that hold civilizations together are much more tenuous than portrayed on the show. Could you produce a show about the frailty of civilization, what makes a nation civilized, what breaks it apart, etc?

Feb. 04 2008 11:44 PM
Margaret

So excited for the new season! And congrats on the award! Well deserved.

Feb. 03 2008 02:46 PM
Brian

Radiolab is coming back, yeah! The radio landscape has been so grey without you guys. I was wondering if you would consider doing a show on emotions. Just a thought.

Feb. 03 2008 12:25 AM
jared

oh yeah, in regards to nate's comment on survival: I believe at some point our two topics may overlap. just a thought.

Feb. 02 2008 07:13 PM
jared

I am not a violent person. I abhor it. Interestingly enough, though, is the concept, the drive, the spark of violence. Even many who do not participate in violent acts find some personal value in violence as spectators. The UFC octagon receives glances from more pairs of engaged eyes than the NFL. What is the obsession. War sells and the unfettered collision between fist and face is the fastest growing full contact sport in America. Someone even released an article not too long ago claiming the violent entertainment industry is battling violent crime rates by fullfiling, through tv, internet, and video game systems, the public's urge to commit violent crimes. This probably in conjunction with the public's ever-growing desire to sit on one collective ass! But still... what a claim. Anyhoo, a show on the scientific breakdown of violence would be fascinating. You guys, to whomever the phrase applies, tower above most other audio, visual, or both. Keep up the stellar work, and you will keep us listening. Glad to know the show is soon to be back on. thanks.

Feb. 02 2008 07:10 PM
greg.org

welcome back to the land of the almost-living broadcast.

Look forward to the show about the themepark-going catbloggers.

And while you're at it, maybe a show about Monk Magazine.

Feb. 02 2008 12:35 PM
Roger F

I was anxious to respond to the RadioLab show 'Beyond Time', broadcast on WCPN in Cleveland tonight until I thought about what I wanted to say. Your topic and presentation stirred grey matter in many directions that will be twitching for some time to come. (at least in the dimension I chose............. or was chosen ;-) )

My only comment is "WOW!"

... and thanks.

Feb. 01 2008 10:31 PM
Nate

this is really cool, I can't wait for the new Radio Lab episodes! a show that relates to survival would be really neat.

Feb. 01 2008 10:31 PM
James G.

YEA! I LOVE Radio Lab & I'm so happy to see a blog started. I work in Orlando for Disney - how about a show related to theme parks?

Feb. 01 2008 07:36 PM
e

yay!! how about a show on cats? the animal, no more of this musical event sheeez :P

Feb. 01 2008 07:21 PM
Steve H.

Eagerly awaiting the new episodes! Looking forward to keeping up on the RadioLab blog in the meantime.

Feb. 01 2008 06:05 PM
Elizabeth

How bout a show on Blogs?!?!

Feb. 01 2008 06:02 PM