Radiolab on Sound of Young America

Friday, February 15, 2008 - 04:44 PM

Just wanted to let you know: Robert and I were interviewed for The Sound of Young America, a great public radio show hosted by Jesse Thorne. He's got a good radio voice, that one. And he uses that radio voice to ask insightful radio questions.

Here's the link. Let us know what you think!

This is my first blog post. Ever.

More will follow!

M Tavarez

I actually learned about Radio Lab when I thought they were going to give 'The Sound of Young America' on WNYC. Now I'm a huge fan of of the show. Best of luck.

May. 19 2008 12:13 AM
Ketan

why isn't podcast available for the War of the World show? Come on post it. I don't listen to you guys on "radio" I only listen to you guys on line and I really wanted to listen to that show. Please post it.

Mar. 24 2008 08:46 PM
Charlotte Avant

Greetings from a long-time Abumrad/Radiolab fan. ; )

Mar. 06 2008 10:32 PM
Emily

Oh wonderful!! this is my all time favorite show on NPR! I'm so glad you have the podcasts as well. Now I can catch up on all the missed episodes. When I listen to your shows i find myself paused in whatever I am doing, entranced in the topic of discussion...even forgeting what I was going to do next. I haven't been captivated like that in a long time. I hope this show stays on forever.
cheers!

Feb. 21 2008 10:03 AM
Becky

Nice to listen to you on the TSOYA podcast this morning. I can't wait for the new season of Radiolab .. I have wrung the archives dry (thanks to my 2 hour commute) so I am ready ready more than ready! (PS I can't tell the Ann Druyan/Carl Sagan/golden record story to others without welling up, as I am that big of a goofball.) Thank you! We'll be here in 10 years, so please keep creating!

Feb. 20 2008 07:12 PM
Jonathan

I agree with your and Robert's hunch about this new listening niche that Radio Lab happily occupies. I listen exclusively to your podcasts, and I find your shows so dense and entertaining that I listen to most shows many times. I love this format, and I love that your show is developing it!

Feb. 19 2008 09:31 PM
warren c

Introduced to your show through this interview. Fantastic stuff...you have one new podcast subscriber. Always good to hear work that is crafted with such love and attention.

Feb. 19 2008 10:57 AM
Trish

Your comment about choosing when to listen struck home, because even though I discovered your show by flipping channels on the radio, I now listen exclusively on my iPod. I've tried knitting while listening, but after ruining several patterns through inatention, I've come to accept that the best place to listen is while driving long stretches of open highway. Thankfully I do that fairly often.
Your efforts are truly appreciated; it's a great show.

Feb. 19 2008 10:25 AM
Leslie

Awesome, I'm glad you've entered the world of blogging, keep up the fantastic work!

Feb. 18 2008 03:13 PM
Scott

Woooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Feb. 18 2008 01:11 PM
Liz

Dendritic Arbors (or, Connecting Synapses In NYC.) The phrase 'Dendritic Arbors' stuck in my head from a Radio Lab show. At my Neurologist's office, I will show my artwork with that name. I mentioned 'Dendritic Arbor' to my dogwalker, who quickly provided info on the topic. To my surprise, she teaches Neurology to Med Students.

Feb. 18 2008 03:16 AM
Karl James

Great to have the blog - and especially nice to feel connected all the way from sunny London.

KJ

Feb. 17 2008 09:50 PM
brian

LOVED hearing you guys on TSOYA.

Throw Ira Glass in there are you have the best of the best of the best. Terry Gross who?

In fact, I decided to head over here because of the podcast. Glad I did.

Feb. 17 2008 05:24 PM
robert syrett

Are you going to post replies to comments like a REAL blog?

Feb. 17 2008 12:32 AM
Ryan Gallagher

Loving the addition of the blog to the site. Keep the great content coming to satisfy us between episodes and seasons! Oye that wait is unbearable.

Feb. 16 2008 09:35 PM
Ellen

I believe that is the remains of a most wonderful plate of buckwheat pancakes. That's the diner near the Fitzgerald Theater in St. Paul. Jad, Robert and the rest of our team ate there the day before our live show in October at the Fitzgerald Theater. I believe that's the diner where the dead eat in Robert Altman's film "Prairie Home Companion." And I bet even the dead would devour those buckwheat pancakes with glee.

Feb. 15 2008 11:19 PM
Scott Cloud

What is the name of John Philip Sousa is on that dish in the middle of this picture?!?

Feb. 15 2008 09:13 PM
Mercedes

YESSSSSSS! My three favorite radio hosts together at last!

Feb. 15 2008 05:17 PM