Darth Vader - We Need You!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 02:05 PM

Darth Vader Darth Vader (gamecityfestival/flickr)

A person named Jason responded to our post about earworm remedies with the following:

'These days, with music being everywhere, I seem to just jump from song to song. Usually, whatever I heard last is still kicking around in my head. Not for long though. The next song is usually just a step away. But if I find myself in a state where music has ceased to flow, and I need to give my head a rest, I find that the audible breathing of Darth Vader can be quite cleansing.'

We tried to contact Jason to no avail. Jason please email the Radio Lab email address at radiolab@wnyc.org to set up a time for a 5-minute interview.

VanyaWhoever

LOL! Missing person is found living on Internet!

Mar. 08 2010 05:38 PM
Jason 'Great White'

I must have missed this episode; however, I will tell I am going to miss Jason's interview.

You what is a great way I use to get rid of earworms is to try to solve a puzzle. Like I am currently creating a my own PC & Internet USAn FootBall Association .

By the way, The Star Wars' music (you know when the Dark Side's Emperor or Darth Vader has entered the room) will do the trick for me to. I am diehard last/original 3-episodes of 'Star Wars' fan, the first/new 3-episodes of 'Star Wars' just are alright at best.

Feb. 22 2008 04:14 PM
Ellen Horne

We should note, Jason WAS a missing person! But he heard us calling and we interviewed him this week. Stay tuned...we got some AMAZING ideas on tape for how to rid yourself of earworms!

Feb. 22 2008 10:01 AM
David Dawson

Oops -- scratch my comment (or read it backwards until it goes away). I obviously entered it in the wrong place. Someone already suggested this remedy in the proper Comments section to the earworms incubator. Sorry.

Feb. 22 2008 12:21 AM
David Dawson

I once heard John Prine during an interview on the radio that the only way to get rid of earworms is to play the offending song backwards in your mind. As soon as you get all the way to the beginning, the earworm will be gone. If it works for John Prine, I'm guessing it's a solid remedy.

Feb. 22 2008 12:14 AM
Jason

This is rather strange for me to see. I feel like I was a missing person.

Feb. 21 2008 11:59 AM