Get yer tickets! Radiolab LIVE in Chicago!

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Back by popular demand, Radiolab's live performance goes on October 26th and 27th at the Victory Gardens Theater in Chicago, Illinois!

In this examination of the power of mass media to create panic, Radiolab hosts Jad Abumrad and Robert Krulwich take a deep dive into one of the most controversial moments in broadcasting history – War of the Worlds, Orson Welles' 1938 radio play about Martians invading New Jersey. And we ask: Why did it fool people then? And why has it continued to fool people since? From Santiago, Chile to Buffalo, New York to a particularly disastrous evening in Quito, Ecuador. Just in time for Halloween, Radiolab lands for a rare, and always sold out, live event.

WNYC's Radiolab: Martian Invasion runs for two nights only, October 26 and 27 at 7:30pm at the Victory Gardens Biograph Theater, 2433 N. Lincoln Avenue. Regular price tickets are $30. Theater members pay $25. Tickets are available by calling the Box Office at (773) 871-3000 or at www.victorygardens.org.

Junell

So sad to have missed you! I've just recently been introduced to radiolab and LOVE it. I'm in Chicago hoping you'll come back very soon.

Dec. 22 2008 11:56 AM
Brett Neiman

Just wanted to say thanks for all the nice comments regarding the poster design. And a big thanks to Jad and Robert for the shout-out on Monday evening. It was a great show! Thanks!

Oct. 28 2008 01:49 PM
jerry

Umm...Will we be able to listen to this presentation live on the net (WYNC) or am I hoping for too darn much? I am in Mexico, hoping to listen in!

Oct. 22 2008 09:42 PM
Mr.B

Oh and I should mention that I'm not a plant for the marketing department or anything. Just another RadioLab fan that is just as excited as you guys are to see the show live! Also, I think that there will be copies of the poster on sale at our theater bar, during both performances. So, they will be available, when you get to the show!

Sep. 30 2008 07:04 PM
Mr.B

Hey guys! I work at the theater that's presenting this show and if you've never seen a show at The new Biograph, you're in for a real treat! It's a very intimate setting for this show! There isn't a bad seat in the house. We also expect that we'll sell out, once promotion kicks in on WBEZ. So, grab tickets now, if you think you're going to go. Also, I REALLY dig the poster design for this show. It's hanging in my cubicle right now. Our marketing department did a slam-bang job with that one! So cool.

Sep. 30 2008 05:50 PM
Greg

It is a very nice poster. I'll have to have my friends in Chicago 'check' to see if there's a few hanging.

Sep. 26 2008 04:47 PM
colin

I agree with Connor. I need some Radiolab swag-- the poster seems like a great start.

Sep. 26 2008 01:12 PM
Dave

You should do a performance in NY, too!

Sep. 26 2008 10:36 AM
Connor

Can't go (in another continent), but would love to, and I know you're going to get a lot of this but... is that poster for sale? It rocks!

Sep. 26 2008 04:39 AM
Mike Patrick

Just Got Tickets For Sunday Nights Show. Row B!! I Can Wait!!!!

Sep. 26 2008 02:09 AM