We need your voice

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 06:39 PM

telephones (exlibris/flickr)

As you may already know, we are hard at work finishing up Season 5. But we can't finish it ourselves. After some intense jam sessions over the long weekend, Jad and Robert's death-metal side project has rendered them both mute! Don't worry they'll recover.

While those two are nursing their lemon-grass teas we thought you guys could help us make some promos. We need help describing what Radiolab is. Pretend your Aunt Nancy has never heard of Radiolab and you're trying to explain it to her.

However it makes sense to you. Explain it in words. In song. Get a friend on the phone with you and do it in unison. Whisper it. Yell it. Make fun of it.

The sky is the limit. We just want to hear your voice. Your thoughts.

The number to our answering machine is (646) 829-4585. Can't wait to hear from you! And YES, your voice may be used on air. So please, only leave a message if you're OK with that.

Linda Delucchi from San Francisco

I thought I would enjoy listening to your program on stress tonight. I could not believe what I heard. Torture of innocent creatures is barbaric and unacceptable under any circumstances. And you actually joked about the torture that was being described. I was completely disgusted and had to turn off the radio.

Oct. 20 2011 12:24 AM
Charmuh

Great idea! But what could I possibly have to say about Radiolab?...anxiety welling...it's okay, it's just a physical response, gazelle in the outback, gazelle in the outback..
I'll be fine.

Dec. 15 2008 08:15 PM
Diane Love

We are taking our country back. I was at my polling location before it opened and there was a short line when I left at 6:25 there were hundreds of people waiting. Their was an air of gravity and the weightiness of the importance of the outcome. No one was politicking. We are finally exercising our rights as Americans. I came home to do more phone banking for Obama to help get people to the polls.

Nov. 04 2008 12:09 PM
JERRY KALB

TRYING TO FIND A TAPE/CD OF "DECODING WAR OF THE WORLDS -MARTIAN INVASION" RECENTLY BROADCAST. IT WAS EXCELLENT AND I WISH TO SHARE WITH KIDS OUT OF LISTENING RANGE LAST WEEK.
CAN YOU HELP? JERRY KALB

Nov. 03 2008 02:31 PM
dorothy

I would describe Radio Lab as an audible journey through science meets philosophy meets psychology meets spirituality.

Oct. 30 2008 12:32 PM
ryan

after i left radiolab a message, i thought i would "sign in" to my blog. suddenly, it turned into: updating my marooned blog. which turned into: staying up to late again.
wowy
blog... now, now. bye-bye

Oct. 17 2008 12:32 AM
Em

Relief. Because my husband was sure that it was some human experiment (maybe to measure the level of irritation in a person's voice) that Radiolab decided to conduct. Sounds like something Robert Krulwich would engineer...

Oct. 15 2008 10:02 AM

SORRY!!! (We moved, haven't quite adjusted apparently.) I changed the number above, and it's correct now-- 646.829.4585. Thanks!

Oct. 15 2008 09:36 AM
El

Yup, this is the wrong number guys. I think the receptionist said "Claude Hastings." Sorry receptionist at "Claude Hastings," I was trying to call a blog. No, really.

Oct. 14 2008 07:47 PM
Em

Well I tried. But for some reason, I kept getting a law firm. Oh well.

Oct. 14 2008 07:00 PM