The Obama Effect, Perhaps.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 - 07:47 PM

Obama button Obama button (the queen of subtle/flickr)

When Jad and Robert saw this article about a study that found a link between President Obama's election, and the test scores of African Americans, it made them think about an earlier study by Claude Steele,about a psychological effect called "stereotype threat."

On this podcast, they'll tell us about that and answer some listener mail (in the aggregate) answering questions about Patient X and questionable Jad's use of the term 'bitches' in the Choice episode.

Also, dear all, the piano piece you've been asking about from this podcast is: “Vladimir’s Blues” by Max Richter.

bhowell

I know I'm very late responding to the original post but I'd like to offer another consideration on the Obama Effect.

On all of those tests that ask your ethnicity there is an option for you to select that you do not wish to disclose that information. Are you sure that African Americans were actually performing better after the nomination/election? Maybe a higher percentage of the better performing African Americans already were more likely to identify their ethnicity vs. choosing not to disclose it.

I do think the rest of the podcast offered substantial proof, but I felt this point was overlook on the Obama Effect data.

Apr. 06 2013 09:14 AM
Amanda

There is this subculture that has been growing called the "Social Justice" movement, and there is a certain portion of these people who blow things ridiculously out of proportion, and I think that's kind of what you experienced here. I think listeners fell into one of three categories; Offended because of was a "bad word," offended because it was "derogatory towards women," or those who were not offended at all.

The thing about those who were offended because it was "derogatory towards women" is that you weren't aiming the remark at women. You were aiming it at your listeners (I'm assuming) or a very general population that included people of any gender. In that case it's not insulting, it's not offensive. It's just a sassy way of referring to your audience.

This is just my opinion though.

Sep. 16 2012 08:45 PM
Demetrios Vital from NYC

I've been trying to find any information about the more long-term implications of the Obama Effect. It's been two years since this podcast, and since the original study, and I'm having a hard time finding more recent follow-ups. Does the Radiolab world have any new info?

Dec. 07 2011 05:50 PM
Faie

I'm a 27 caucasian female (if that matters) and "bitch/bitches" doesn't bother me at all! ;-)

Aug. 31 2011 05:31 PM

the "Bitch" comment did not make me angry not did I lose any sleep over it. But as a parent of two young girls it does sadden me that some people can be so flippant or dismissive regarding sexism and how it plays out. I am a child of MTV. The things I thought were so clever or harmless in my twenties do not seem the same to me now. I did not hear Jad apologize for his comment I heard him apologize for some listeners and his parents sensitivities. Again, I am not angry nor do I need another apology. But I am surprised at how many comments posted here either think it was so cute or harmless. Sexism is alive and well even in NPR land.

I do love the show!

Dec. 07 2010 02:10 PM
Ryan Wiancko from Canada

Haha, when reading the letters are you actually humming the song from A Legend of Zelda game? I love it.

Ceiling fan said it right, apologizing just feeds the ego's of people who feel offended in order to give themselves some sense of their moral position.

Sep. 18 2010 09:32 PM
Joey Howell from Cincinnati, Oh

Just as a side note, I did think the sign off of stay tuned "bitches" was hilarious when said in that episode. Perhaps because it caught me so off guard.

So, I suppose what I'm getting at is you can call me bitch anytime you want!

Sep. 02 2010 06:23 PM
Lee

I think the apology was tactful enough, but of course, it's only fair, and natural, that not everyone would agree. I, for one, think you guys are fabulous. Keep up the wonderful work... bitches! Yayy

Aug. 13 2010 09:08 PM
Greg

In the future when you apologize for sexist remarks try actually apologizing for your comment. Rather than a non-apology apology. Instead of, "I'm sorry that you were offended by my sexism", use instead, "I'm sorry I made a sexist comment on the air, and I apologize that we didn't remove it during the editing process."

May. 08 2010 10:43 PM
JT

Just recently discovered Radio Lab... I am one happy Bitch!

Feb. 18 2010 12:36 PM
lizz

thanks for giving the song name. i've been carrying around a post-it that said "obama effect 13:00" for months now.

Oct. 01 2009 11:22 PM
Johnmclay

Very Interesting!!

Jun. 03 2009 05:08 AM
[insert ghetto moniker]

Also since every one proudly wears this as an age thing, I'm 31.

May. 01 2009 11:47 AM
[insert ghetto moniker]

Wow! What irony on this podcast that verifies the debilitating power of stereotypes and cultural images, Jad apologies for using one of the many hip-hop “terms of endearment” that actually sabotages Black Americans and women in one fell swoop. Say what you will of these words, but I do think when non-blacks adopt these terms it’s less damaging to their psyches than for Blacks because there is no seed in the back of non-blacks’ mind that either they are these words or that even if they aren’t, others will automatically see them as nothing but bitches and... This from a black girl who legally changed her name because I’d consistently been told it was a ghetto name. The first time I was told that, I went home and asked my mother how my name was a Jewish neighborhood in Germany. You see, the Black culture I grew up in was so far removed from hip hop; I was all Janet Jackson, “Rhythm Nation,” Stevie Wonder and Tina Turner. So I also had no idea why the other cheerleaders in high school (yeah, don’t ask) called each other bitches and hoes. So yeah, Black, White, young, or old I think studies like Claude Steele’s study show these words are more than words.

May. 01 2009 11:40 AM
Dave

Another vote for 'bitches' from a 51 year-old dad who laughed out loud and played it over again for his 12 year-old son because I couldn't believe I'd heard it right.

Don't let the bastards wear you down, Jad.

Lay off, bitches!

Apr. 16 2009 06:01 PM
The Many Crimes of Jeff Stone - Page 2 - Why We Pr

[...] University of Arizona. He runs the Social Psychology of Sports Lab. He was recently on Radio Lab (WNYC - Radiolab The Obama Effect, Perhaps.). Lvl 8 Undisclosed Specialization, Undisclosed Marcabian Ground Operation Unit, Undisclosed [...]

Apr. 01 2009 08:21 PM
The Pig of War

I listen to Radio Lab while doing late-night philosophy essays, and LOVE IT. At two in the morning, when I heard Jad say, "Don't go away... biiiitttcccheeezzzz." I about DIED laughing. At that time, most anything is funny... so when something is genuinely funny it is all the more augmented. Don't apologize, Jad. I loved it.

On a side note... does anybody know if there is a place, online or otherwise, where I can buy the Radio Lab seasons? I want to have them to help me with my young philosophy students.

Mar. 23 2009 10:51 PM
Chad Brenneman

Very interesting piece on the subtle effect of stereotypes. As a 32 year old white guy, I wasn't offended by Jad's use of the term "bitches." I would like to ask everyone who was offended to please stop and think for a moment before contributing to the Political Correctness Monster that threatens to suck the life out of our culture.

Mar. 18 2009 04:30 PM
April in Autumn

You guys produced this thought-provoking podcast and most people want to talk about bitches. I love when public radio listeners kill the stereotype!

Anyway, I'm glad you said bitches just for the image of your dinner table. Your parents sound sweet.

Keep up the good work mis amigos!

Mar. 12 2009 06:03 PM
Justin

the bitches thing was funny.

Mar. 04 2009 12:33 PM
Charles

I have hesitations using the bitch word, but I jimminey I will!

Mar. 03 2009 10:24 PM

I'm hesitant to use the bitch word, so I offer a theme song called Obama instead.

Sir Charles

Mar. 03 2009 10:19 PM
DMV

I'm 25 and I found the bitches comment a great, and unexpected, laugh. My 24-year-old coworker laughed uproariously along with me.

I love the show and I thought Jad's apology was sensible. However, I hope that the show's humor isn't going to be stifled or repressed in any way. Next time someone on Radiolab wants to say "bitches," say it again, and apologize again. There's always someone who doesn't won't get the joke, but the humorless are people, too.

Mar. 02 2009 06:18 PM
eric

I thought the "bitches" comment was a hilarious highlight of the episode. We had to rewind, I didn't think he'd actually said it, but then I kept waiting for it to come back and get worked into the theme somehow.

Feb. 25 2009 07:20 PM
David Wells

Son of a britches... I was all set to email this podcast link to the teachers in the school that I teach at, but though I'm not offended by the "bitches" comment, many of our teachers would be. This is great information that I'd love to get out to our (urban, low-income, minority) school on the eve of high-stakes testing, but the message would be lost on its audience just because of a silly comment .... Any way to rewrite the intro on your web site?

Feb. 24 2009 11:33 AM
Jonathan Rimorin

I love you. By the way, Max Richter's "Vladimir's Blues" is from his lovely album THE BLUE NOTEBOOKS. Buy it now... bitches.

Feb. 23 2009 08:48 PM
Jessica

I am going to donate to the show Bitches! You have exercised the scientific muscle in my brain that has atrophied.

Feb. 23 2009 05:42 AM
DJ

The "Bitches" comment was not a big deal at all (30 year old in case you are wondering) the quality of your programming covers a multitude of sins.

Love the show and I am excited to hear season six...in fact I am going to donate to the show tonight.

Feb. 17 2009 12:39 AM
Abby

I was listening to the program with my boyfriend (age 28) and he said, "Did Jad just just call us 'Bitches'?" I was like, No way. I guess I'm desensitized to the phrase (I'm 22!), I didn't even notice. Upon rewind, we both found it awesome. I <3 Jad and Radiolab!

Feb. 16 2009 01:47 AM
jessi

Put another check in the "yeah, bitches!" column. I'm female and 31.

I love your show--it's the best thing on public radio. Keep it up.

Feb. 13 2009 02:58 AM

Re: Maria. Don't worry. You are getting both! Right now we're between seasons, but if you stay tuned, season 6 is on the way.

Feb. 12 2009 06:13 PM
Maria

I love your show but I want to be able to listen to the hour long radio show on my i-pod AND to the podcasts. Please please...

Feb. 12 2009 05:13 PM
liza

whatever, bitches. we can handle it jad....

Feb. 09 2009 08:35 PM
Kat

To your point, and you might find this a bit odd, but I was curious to find out if the emotional stress of my divorce might impact my cognitive ability, so I took an IQ test during and some time after, when I was in the emotional "clear," and as I suspected, discovered that my IQ was higher, much higher, if fact, during the less stressful period. I'd say distraction can be a most potent inhibitor.

Feb. 09 2009 05:51 PM
Kat

Feb. 09 2009 05:48 PM
Andy

The choice episode was great; I giggled at the end; Don't worry about it Jad.

Feb. 08 2009 10:01 PM

@Troy C: You're not the first to ask this, but it's no wonder you didn't read it in between all the "bitches"!!

Quote:
Comment from Ellen from Radiolab
Date: January 28, 2009, 1:53 pm

Bill, Michelle, Michael -

The piano piece is “Vladimir’s Blues” by Max Richter.

Feb. 08 2009 02:31 PM
Bananaman

I find it fitting to have the discussion of the impact of the casual use of "bitch" on a show talking about the adverse effects of normalized stereotypes. If we are looking for the root cause of such effects, I think we have a wonderful example here; believing that a negative sterotype can be played off as casual, insulated humor and is thus meaningless. Obviously these culturally normalized perceptions affect us. They go straight to the women in the math lab :) FYI I am 25 and understand the context.

Feb. 08 2009 02:27 PM
Troy C

Hey, I'd really like to know what that piano piece was. Could you guys let us know?

Feb. 08 2009 05:33 AM
Tom McDougal

Janice, thanks for explaining the photo of the "Obama" street sign. That's funny!

I *love* RadioLab and am proud to have supported it with $$. Thank you.

Feb. 08 2009 12:17 AM
Serena

I loved these off projects you're experimenting with. The research presented in this episode is not new to me, but somehow, a connection was made to myself this time - maybe because the example was the GRE. But more importantly, it made me wonder how the format of time restricted standardized testing is discriminatory in itself regardless if the content is "culture-free," simply due to the biases we internalize about our selves based on messages we receive from the larger society. Thanks for being so thought provoking as usual, and sorry for jumping on the bandwagon, bitches!

Feb. 07 2009 09:14 PM
Vince V.

Excellent show. And to add to the database, I'm 44 and laughed at the "bitches" comment. Most importantly, I like that Jad and Robert had a discussion about it on the air, and it had explanation and honest reaction. One reason I have always liked Robert is his ability to take serious and sometimes silly asides that don't always make perfect sense in a news story, but ultimately provide greater context to a story. Or just make it more fun to listen to.

Even if I don't agree with or get all of the references or asides that show up in Radiolab...I will always take time out to listen to it.

Thanks to everyone at Radiolab for such a wonderful program.

Feb. 06 2009 08:15 PM
Jenine

Jad, my husband (age 36) has a "Science : It works, Bitches" t-shirt he wears frequently and I always thought it was a bit dodgy, but having heard YOU utter it, I get it. Thanks.

Feb. 06 2009 05:00 PM
Don Jennings

Hey I'm 63 and I thought the "hey bitches" comment was funny.

Feb. 06 2009 11:55 AM
Amy

It cracked me up when you said 'bitches'. Loved it.

Feb. 05 2009 12:20 PM
jesse

Radiolab is like little bits of awe and wonder, compressed into MP3 format and sent into my ear buds. It's the straight dope. Thanks for keeping it fascinating and real, bitches!

Feb. 04 2009 10:31 PM
janice

what i don't think was mentioned anywhere on this page, though it may be buried in all those "bitches," is that the altered sign in the photo above is bush street here in san francisco. a group of people altered every single bush street sign in san francisco to say obama.

also, the bitches comment was hilarious. i'm 35

Feb. 04 2009 10:00 PM
Tsui Pen

I didn't catch the original "bitches"
remark, and wouldn't have minded at all.
I appreciated both the candid explanation
and the bit about Jad's parents teasing
him, although at the cost of drawing
stares in the supermarket aisle while
giggling manically... Thank you for such
a great show!

Feb. 04 2009 12:49 AM
Pablo Jaramillo

To a show that has helped my mind to avoid turning to mush.

Thanks for one Bad Ass show, Bitches

Feb. 03 2009 08:25 PM
Dayna Masih

I thought "the comment" was hilarious. A little calm cursing just shows your an enlightened person in my opinion.

Feb. 03 2009 03:10 PM

It was funny, bitches.

Feb. 03 2009 11:46 AM
chris

i'm surprised people really were that offended on the 'bitches' comment. i heard it and couldn't stop laughing for 5 minutes. i had to rewind it 4 times just so i could hear it again.
thanks for the laugh jad, and keep up the good work.

Feb. 02 2009 12:25 PM
Ellen

Andrew, this is Ellen from Radiolab. We hoped that this podcast might help explain/clarify. Here's the scoop: the hour-long shows are limited. We make 5 at a time. We're a small, scrappy staff with a limited capacity (and Robert has not one, but TWO, 2, other jobs: at ABC News and as an NPR correspondent). We're already hard at work on the next set of 5, but it will be a while until those hit the air/internet. In the meantime, we don't go away entirely! We'll still bring some interesting bits out every two weeks...just not in the same hour-long package. Hang out, bitches! (Sorry - I just couldn't resist. I, like Jad, tend to say 'bitches' with some regularity...and, in all honest, for comedic effect.)

Feb. 02 2009 11:40 AM
Andrew

At 29, I definitely wondered at the bitches comment, and I have to say I was relieved when Jad addressed it. I certainly wasn't offended, but it also didn't make any sense to me. And I watched a ton of MTV as a teenager.

I noticed that the podcast was super short and there was sort of an apologia at the beginning explaining the difference between the podcast and the radio show--did the radio listeners get something that the podcast grabbers didn't? It's two weeks after Yellow Fluff, WHERE'S MY RADIOLAB SHOW!! I'LL STAY UP TUESDAY NIGHTS AND LISTEN ON THE RADIO IF I HAVE TO, JUST TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO DO!!!

Feb. 02 2009 11:08 AM
Samantha

Great podcast... As a teacher, i found it really interesting, especially considering the importance we give to testing.

...And not to beat a dead horse here, but some of us (younger) bitches don't mind being called your bitches ;-)

Feb. 02 2009 08:37 AM
Apologizzzzeee AGAIN.

actually to add gravity let me put it like this ..

// mob stands outside radiolab office with tourches and the leader calls into the microphone //

"I want jad to apologise again for apologizing. Saying bitch is a statement. Its a gentle reminder that we should not get carried away with taking ourselves too seriously. Well we young people are being polite and apologizing, but then we are loosing on our very important message. Shut up and apologize again bitches "

Feb. 02 2009 01:16 AM
Apologizzzzeee AGAIN.

"I want jad to apologize again for apologizing. Saying bitch is a statement. Its a gentle reminder that we should not get carried away with taking ourselves too seriously. Well we young people are being polite and apologizing, but then we are loosing on our very important message. We can't let this go on. Shut up and apologize again bitches"

Feb. 02 2009 01:15 AM
Kellybelle

great podcast (KINDA SHORT, took my by surprise on the elliptical machine). And there's nothing wrong with saying "Bitchez" so long as you say it with a "z" and not and "s". In the words of Sean Combs, "Take that, take that, take that."

Feb. 01 2009 10:53 PM
Chaim Peter Chester

It's unusual that people apologize on the air. I find it actually raises my respect for you (a respect that was quite high to start with). Yet another testament to your humble approach to a large and noble endeavor of bringing the overwhelming issues to their simple roots.

I'd be interested to hear an episode investigating the history and science behind apologies vs. defense. Do other animals face this issue? Obviously apologies have roots in social evolution, but then why is it often so hard to apologize?

Jan. 31 2009 06:02 PM
Elle

Just chiming in to agree with what others have said: Jad's unprecedented outbursts are too endearing to censor.

Love the show. Keep it up, bitches.

Jan. 30 2009 11:54 PM
Erik

I also found the non sequitur "bitches" to be hilarious. Don't worry about it Jad. Keep up the good work all of you.

Jan. 30 2009 12:01 PM
Rob

"Bitches" was wonderful, and the thought that you might censor yourself from similarly playful outbursts in the future, Jad, is distressing.

I demand an apology for your apology.

Jan. 30 2009 05:23 AM
Joe

I was baffled by the "bitches", but I laughed.
Knowing that you edit like crazy (though you preserve that informal off the cuff vibe), it seemed intentional, so I was trying to figure out what it had to do with "Choice". Now I see. A spur-of-the-moment choice that you couldn't cut was definitely in the spirit of the episode!! Yay!!

Jan. 30 2009 12:17 AM
Someone else in LA

I totally agree with Ryan. I'm 29, female and grew up watching MTV, but I have to admit that I was a little *too* startled when I heard Jad's very soothing voice say "bitches." I laugh at it now, but I can also see it from the point of view of those who were offended.

So thanks, Jad, for apologizing. You're one of my favorite people in radio and I'm glad you care about your listeners.

Jan. 29 2009 10:25 PM
SS

I loved the bitch-slapped comment and startled myself when I laughed out loud! It was an honest, gut-reaction comment by Jad and I took no offense. I am 36...

Thanks!

Jan. 29 2009 10:14 PM
Ryan

Too bad the people mentioning that they found the term funny aren't mentioning their age! That's the interesting part to me.

I am 31. I thought it was HILARIOUS.

I was struck dumb - my breath caught in my throat - and then I fell on the floor laughing.

At the same time - I think you did the right thing to apologize to those with more sensitive ... inclinations ... or something - an audience is a terrible thing to waste, right? Without all those more sensitive people, I don't get my favorite podcast to listen to.

Thanks a TON for sharing that letter... sentiment... you know.

Jan. 29 2009 08:07 PM
Mark in LA

The apology was wrong! Jad, getting slapped down like that, and acquiescing, is just another step down the road to boring. Personality, man, that's what that was, and if they don't understand tsft. I think you need to do more of those to show that you're not old. Oh, Snap!

Jan. 29 2009 07:20 PM
Berto

Forget Oliver Sacks, casinos Malcolm Gladwell, the question of consciousness and free will... nothing will ever top bitches! :)

Jan. 29 2009 03:52 PM
ben

Lay off of Jad. He's just keeping it cool for us cool guys... bitches

Jan. 29 2009 03:24 PM
Mediumjones

Mind over matter. Bitches.

Jan. 29 2009 03:02 PM

Well, my favorite part was the "Letters" theme song. Jad, you should put Robert in charge of the music more often; he's clearly got a knack for it! ;-)

Jan. 29 2009 02:28 PM
Yaw Anokwa

keep up the good work, bitches.

Jan. 29 2009 02:23 PM
Tom Regan

I've listened to most or all of your shows, but I have to score this one as "most fascinating." I had no idea the effect was so powerful. The new Secretary of Education should be required to listen to this podcast.

Jan. 29 2009 02:10 PM
Neko

I also am a fan of the "Bitches" comment. unexpected and funny.

thanks for a great show guys.

Jan. 29 2009 12:26 PM
alice

I almost fell out of my chair when Jad said the Ira Glass line with 'bitches' at the end. I found it hilarious and am glad you left it in.

Jan. 29 2009 03:50 AM
Traveler

"Bitches" was startling and funny. Those moments add real humanity to the show, plus they make me ciggle (more diaphragm used than a giggle, but not so much that it becomes a cackle). A perfect opening to the episode.

Jan. 29 2009 12:15 AM
Ceridwynne

That was a powerful 17 min!

I wonder if it would be effective for kids in hoods like Wash Heights and the Bronx to hear this segment so they could get a cognitive jump on this challenge... How could we go about that?

I love RadioLab and its insights, but I imagine your listener base is relatively narrow. Shows with these kind of insights need a wide distribution!

Jan. 28 2009 10:39 PM
Joe Pugh

I laughed out loud when he said it!

what ever Bitches.

Jan. 28 2009 10:25 PM
Brian

I loved the "stay with us... bitches"!!!

Jan. 28 2009 09:15 PM
Gabe

Did an of these people you talked to have any ideas about retraining yourself not to have the self doubting dialogue distract you? Even though these stereotypes run deep, it seems like there must be some way to train them out of your mind. Also, I cracked up over the bitches comment, and I and everyone I know who listens got it.

Jan. 28 2009 08:38 PM
Xopher

I loved it when you said "bitches." I listened to it over and over. Unexpected and funny.

Jan. 28 2009 08:19 PM

ah no don't apologize!!

ahh pass the salt.. lol

Jan. 28 2009 05:13 PM
Matt

Great show! What is the music used after the end of the test-taking story before the transition to the letters part? It's beautiful.

--Oh, I see know. Thank's, Ellen!

Jan. 28 2009 04:59 PM
BG

The idea that test administrators can affect the results is not news to me. Think about Galvanic Skin Response tests. I've seen lots of theories about how to "fool" a lie detector, but I've never seen anyone talk about how the lie detector test administrator can influence the outcome of the test.

When I was 20, I had to take a lie detector test for a job at a convenience store. I was ushered into the room. The test administrator was talking to a regional manager. He had the test results of the previous few test subjects in front of him and was discussing their results.

"This one lied about stealing, this one lied about his job history, we just got ourselves a bunch of liars here today!"

The regional manager left the room, and the test administrator turned to glare at me intensely.

"I'm gonna strap you into that chair now. You gotta be careful during this test. If you scratch your nose during the test, it's gonna show up over here like you're lying to me. If you move your big toe, it'll look like you're lyin'. So if you need to itch anything or twitch anything, now's the time to do it."

Truly, I'm not exaggerating -- the man was like a predator, super anxious to catch people out. He had a nearly religious fervor for ferreting out liars.

Do you want to guess how I did on the test?

Jan. 28 2009 04:20 PM
Ellen from Radiolab

Bill, Michelle, Michael -

The piano piece is "Vladimir's Blues" by Max Richter.

Jan. 28 2009 01:53 PM
Stephen

Man, what a powerful little segment. I think it speaks not only to the subtle influence of stereotypes, but also to the general malady of self-doubt. Very encouraging. Thank you!

Jan. 28 2009 12:31 PM
Michael

Hey what was the piano piece that played at about 13 minutes into the podcast? Was it Philip Glass?

Jan. 28 2009 11:15 AM
Michelle

I am echoing Bill Kelly in saying that I also love the show and am wondering what the piano piece at the end of Obama Effect is. Thanks!

Jan. 28 2009 10:47 AM
Bill Kelly

Love the show! My kids (middle and high schoolers) want me to put on a RadioLab when we're on a long car drive. That's cool!

I wondered if you could tell me what the piano music is at the end of the Obama Effect, Perhaps podcast episode.

Thanks!

Jan. 28 2009 10:43 AM
A Ceiling Fan

Apologizing for having fun to those people who take paradoxical delight in being meaninglessly, mindlessly offended. Depressing, and entirely too common...

Jan. 28 2009 05:05 AM
Sargun Dhillon

That was awesome, keep it up, bitches!

Jan. 28 2009 03:53 AM
Wilbur Stankalovich

Best science show since Mr. Wizard, I'm your number 1 bitch!!!

Jan. 28 2009 03:45 AM
Kyle P. Feeley

I am Radiolab's bitch!

Jan. 28 2009 02:39 AM
A Fan

I heart you, bitches!

Jan. 27 2009 10:08 PM
jbetz

This is a great podcast, i'm a big fan of jonah lehrer's blog and read it daily. i found this bit really interesting, both in the ny times and on his blog, and i'm glad to see you guys did a bit on it as well.

p.s. i thought it was funny.

Jan. 27 2009 08:12 PM