Thoughts on Moments

Thursday, August 27, 2009 - 03:54 PM

We recently podcasted a video from Will Hoffman called Moments, and we were struck by all of the wonderful comments we received. And, like many of you, we were curious about how he went about making the video. Here's Robert talking to Will about his creative process and how exactly the After Life episode inspired him.

Laura

Can anyone actually choose a moment to die, choose to die at all and what is a moment anyway but a thing made entirely of its own vanishing?
~Dean Young
Storms
Beloved Infidel

Oct. 10 2009 04:12 PM
Paul

Another beautiful gem from Radio Lab. Thank you.

Sep. 27 2009 10:50 PM
Liz

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for posting this! I've shown this film to many friends and have found it so fascinating how every single person can relate to each moment shown in their own way. The shots, the music, everything - it's just perfect.

Sep. 14 2009 11:18 AM
Nathan

Wonderful. Emotional. I'm struck by the power of simplicity in this video.

Sep. 05 2009 03:35 PM
karthik c

I just saw this post on the radio lab blog. Wondering why this does not show up in the podcast feed or on iTunes ?

Was this audio piece meant only for the blog ?

Sep. 02 2009 03:23 AM
Elana

Great job, Will! Like you, I loved Eagleman's "Sum". I first discovered it when I learned that it had inspired Brian Eno to write new music. (Eno and Eagleman then performed it together at the Sydney Opera House in June, which is where I saw them). I'm so thrilled to see that this artistic seed keeps moving into new territory. You have now taken the inspiration and turned it into the film medium. Bravo! You couldn't have done a more beautiful job.

Aug. 31 2009 01:31 PM
Aaron

It was interesting to hear what Will had to say. ... So he really didn't try to make it as fantastic as it was? It just clicked? Neat.

Aug. 29 2009 10:13 AM
Evil Eye

I have never watched anything that could bring a tear to my eye EVERY TIME I watched it.

Whenever I feel down... I watch it and love life all over again.

Aug. 27 2009 06:00 PM