Help Radiolab...and Get This Tote Bag!

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 - 05:21 PM

With a design chosen by overwhelming popular demand, we are proud to offer the Radiolab tote bag! Designed by Scotland-based listener and designer Jez Burrows, this cool icon on a black canvas bag can be your proud little reminder that you helped make Radiolab possible.

We're happy to send it to you as a thank you for a gift of $75 to WNYC. Make a gift online here.

Thank you!

Camille

Yay, now it works :)

See? Complaining works, kids.

Ahem.

Apr. 27 2011 05:54 PM
Camille from Paris, France

Am I the only one not being able to access any of the donation pages?

I believe I tried all the different ways, but it keeps on timing out.

Trying from France for the past 2 days, btw.

Apr. 27 2011 05:42 PM
j0lt

Just received my tote in the mail this morning, and it's awesome. The bag is really high quality, too. Thanks guys!

Apr. 30 2010 02:48 PM
Dan

Just to add to the chorus - I'd really like a tshirt for around $20. I know the idea is that it's a thank-you gift, but I honestly think you could make significantly more money by just selling them outright. Plus I've already given $120 to Radiolab this year and I can't afford another $75 just to get a tshirt.

Apr. 30 2010 09:40 AM
Bob Smittz

Getting a tattoo of this, yes!

Mar. 29 2010 01:24 AM
Debbie Byrd

At least I'm not the only one who doesn't have the spare $75 to donate, although I would gladly donate 10 times that amount if I had it.
It seems to me that if the bags were say, $20, more people would be inclined to donate.
Like I NEED another coffee mug, but a mug with the Radiolab logo would be awesome.

Mar. 24 2010 10:58 AM
RubyJune

I was really hoping that the goat on cow logo would be chosen. Any plans to use that someday?

Mar. 23 2010 02:31 PM
Elena

i'm already a monthly sustainer for wnyc, but i'd love to make a donation to radiolab specifically! is this possible? you guys are gold!

Mar. 13 2010 06:50 PM
Dustin

I hate to be a broken record, but T-Shirts! I'll donate anyway, but I would wear that with pride.

Feb. 23 2010 03:58 PM
M.Y.

Will 100% of the money go to Radiolab? Or will some go to WNYC? Because Radiolab deserves it all...

Feb. 22 2010 04:49 PM

cool i love this bag

Feb. 21 2010 10:05 PM
Carl

I really love that logo - and the show of course - but I've already got a tote bag from WWF that's never been used. I can see how t-shirts can be a pain with having to provide different sizes and stuff so here's a few other suggestions: iPod/iPhone case, mug, sticker, poster, mousepad, coaster set, refrigerator magnet.

Feb. 20 2010 07:53 AM
David Zaback

I will pledge $75 regardless, but would definitely prefer a t-shirt! If it's harder to get, I would go up to $100 for a t-shirt!

Feb. 19 2010 04:40 PM
Stephanie

Bumper sticker? I could just donate a random amount and make my own, but that's copywrite theft, and I can't do to you what I don't like happening to me.

Feb. 09 2010 11:47 PM
Matthew

Oh god would I love to send you guys millions of donations right now but all I have Is maybe a few quarters but love your podcast and hope you make more podcast on *parasites* and animals

Feb. 09 2010 12:51 AM
omar

I can't afford a donation like that at the moment and it pains me, but I would at least like to show my appreciation for your work.

Thanks again!

PS: i voted for goat on cow

Feb. 08 2010 11:01 PM
Olga

I wish I had $75 to donate to Radiolab.

Feb. 07 2010 10:58 AM
Karl

Any chance of the bag being sent to Sweden? :)

Feb. 07 2010 08:47 AM
Jason Fisher

Please make a really expensive t-shirt available with the popular Radiolab image. I'd buy it...
Excellent show!

Feb. 06 2010 06:40 PM
Adam

I love the icon, and voted for it too, but just hope no one tries to look into that microscope. Ouch!!! ;-)
Can't wait to get my tote bag!
Thanks for one of the best shows ever!

Feb. 04 2010 03:12 PM
kaedence

I'm donating on the merit of the show. This show is worth millions more than I could ever afford to pay, so I'll pay what I can. =~}

Feb. 04 2010 03:08 PM
Jeremy

For folks like me who very rarely wear t-shirts, a tote bag is a great idea. I'm always looking for good bags to bring to the supermarket.

Feb. 04 2010 01:09 PM
Abby

not true! I am psyched about the tote bag and will be making my donation as soon as my paycheck comes in! :) sweet design.

Feb. 04 2010 10:19 AM
Ellen from Radiolab

And just to be clear: we'd be happy to have a give a gift of support in *any* amount!

And, yes, t-shirts, we hear you. We're looking into it. They are a bit more complicated - sizes, etc.

The main idea here is to raise funds to support the production of the show, so at this point, the idea is that the tote bag is more a thank you gift for a donation, more than something that you buy.

A BIG thanks to the folks who have already given donations. Thank you! Thank you! Your help is very much appreciated!

Feb. 04 2010 09:02 AM
Gabe

I agree! I would love to support but $75 is too much and I have no use for a tote bag.
MAKE A T-SHIRT PLEASE!!!!

Feb. 04 2010 03:20 AM
Tommy

T-SHIRT! Sorry guys, nobody wants a tote bag.

Feb. 04 2010 02:42 AM
Eric Flounders

Yes, please please please make a T-shirt!!!

Feb. 04 2010 02:17 AM
Bob

Like Heather commented, a T-Shirt for ~$20 would be great!

While I'd love to donate and own something with the RadioLab "sigma", $75 for a tote bag is simply too much for me at the moment.

Feb. 04 2010 01:18 AM
Heather

Were you guys going to make a t-shirt too? I hope so!

Feb. 03 2010 05:41 PM