Radiolab on Morning Edition

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - 01:26 PM

Radiolab will be waking up on the early side again this week to appear on NPR's Morning Edition. This Friday, in honor of Valentine's Day, Jad and Robert will tell the Morning Edition folks a truly "cosmic" love story. It begins with the idea of sending two golden records into space and ends in true love. We originally shared this story back in our Space episode.

You can listen the piece online, download it, email it around, and read more about the story HERE.

You can also listen to our Space Capsules podcast where we asked several artists what they would choose to send into space.

Drew Danburry

You are my favorite podcast in the world. You do a wonderful job at what you do and I am so grateful for your efforts.
Sincerely
Drew

Feb. 15 2010 01:37 PM
steven goby

Please let me know how I can access the RadioLAB story on Carl Sagan - it was wonderful ! thanks.

Feb. 12 2010 01:43 PM
Alexis - Phoenix AZ

I love it when I get to hear RADIOLAB on NPR's Morning Edition, it's just the shiz-noodle.
Today's bit regarding Carl Sagan, whom I just can never get enough of, and his wife Ann Druyan put the biggest smile on my face. I'm not big into Valentines Day, but I am a romantic (Jane Austen will never get old to me) and all out science enthusiast.
This story made me so happy and I will be sending it as a Valentine to everyone I care for.
Thank you for continuing to teach me new and exciting things through humor and now, love.

Feb. 12 2010 11:55 AM
Julie

Sweet Valentine.
Totally beside the point but it grabbed my attention... I did part of my growing up down the street from the Sagen's house on Cayuga Heights Rd. If this was recorded at that house, then I have to point out that saying they are next to a waterfall is a big under statement. The house is perched on the side of a gorge and next to the Cayuga Heights bridge over Cascadilla Gorge - this car bridge is metal girding so that you can see through it and stories down onto the rocks and cascading white water. I couldn't find a good photo, but here are some of the area: http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=cascadilla+gorge+photo&w=all&s=int&referer_searched=1.

Feb. 12 2010 10:32 AM
Emiko Shinozaki

Can you please put the short segment of Jad's interview with Ann Druyan, broadcast today, on the website? I want to send it as a Valentine to a friend far away.

Thank you...