Tote-ally excited

Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 05:25 PM

To say we're excited about our new tote bag would be a big fat understatement.

We're SO excited sometimes we hyperventilate (speaking for myself, there). I've decided that the first person I see carrying a Radiolab tote bag, out there in the world...I'm gonna tackle them. NFL style. I'm serious. And then I'm going to take a picture of us together, cradling the tote like proud parents. And then I'm gonna post that picture here on our website.

If you haven't got one yet, but you want me to tackle and then photograph you, go get one right now, HERE. Available for a $75 donation. (Plus, the donation helps to make sure that we all have a job and we keep making this show for you.)

- Jad

Helen

I just wanted to encourage the idea of putting this logo onto a t-shirt (especially a fitted one for us women :)). People don't always use totes (I don't), but who doesn't wear t-shirts?? I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Jul. 05 2010 04:14 PM
Marc

I already donated, but I would donate again for a t-shirt. Come on guys, I don't like wearing logo T's but I would gladly serve as a human billboard for this show!

Jun. 29 2010 06:28 PM
Sean

@Tim

I've been listening to Radiolab via my iPhone and iTunes for months now. Just open up iTunes, go to the store, search for Radiolab, and select "subscribe." From iTunes you can manage the podcasts and sync with your iPod/iPhone/iPad.

Also, t-shirts would rock!

May. 26 2010 03:22 AM
Sainted_Mother

I agree with Barbara, CafePress is the bomb! I am already a monthly sustainer, and I don't know that I can afford to up my current ante just yet. Me, I'd like a new mousepad.

May. 21 2010 06:05 PM
Barbara

Cafepress! Onesies, t-shirts, etc. to raise $ to fund the show = awesome.

May. 18 2010 01:26 AM
Haven

Oh my goodness I love this! Unfortunately a poor student like me can't afford the 75$ donation... but if you guys sold just the bag I would totally buy it. I bet a bunch more people would too, you could make some good money off this! Maybe as a t-shirt, too?

Apr. 21 2010 05:49 PM
Dan

Sounds like you should sell the T's for $150...

Apr. 19 2010 01:11 AM
Stephen

Wow, the first time I've seen a radiolab logo, very nice. Like others, I'd love to see it in wearable form. I just had a baby, how about a onesize? :)

Apr. 15 2010 01:44 PM
Ellen from Radiolab

@Tim, you should be able to get the podcast through iTunes. Dig around and if you have trouble, write to us at radiolab@wnyc.org.

As for T's...stay tuned.

Apr. 13 2010 09:24 PM
Jeff

Forget the totes. I want a t-shirt.

Apr. 12 2010 04:43 PM
Ian

Tote bags are cool and all, but I'm with everyone else when they say TEEEEESHHIRRTTTTT!!!!
please.

Apr. 12 2010 10:16 AM
Tim

Thanks Emily!
Don't know why it can't be on their iTunes link though, so I can easily listen to it on my iPod!

Apr. 12 2010 09:12 AM
Emily Halderman

Tim, underneath each stream is a link to download the mp3... for to listen at your leisure. :)

Apr. 11 2010 10:08 PM
Vanya

A-hahahaha! I want to get tackled by Jad! *does happy dance* Tackle me please! *grabs random tote bag from stranger on street*

Apr. 11 2010 06:15 PM
Justin

Tom, I'm North African and I like radiolab. So easy on the generalizations

Apr. 11 2010 01:50 PM
Tom

Hard for this show to get much whiter.

Apr. 11 2010 10:57 AM
Tim

Donation???

Absolutely not. I really like Radiolab but until they actually start podcasting the actual shows like This American Life does, I'm not contributing anything.

I do not have a job where I can sit around during the day and listen to Radiolab and it's simply not available to listen to at any other time.

Start podcasting all your episodes, then I start contributing whether there's a tote bag or not.

Apr. 11 2010 06:13 AM
eric

No joke. The [obvious?] reasoning that a T is forthcoming is why I have $75 and WNYC doesn't. Do it. Do. it. doit.

Apr. 10 2010 04:37 PM
Dan

T-shirrrtttsss!!!

Apr. 10 2010 04:09 PM
Sana

I'm pretty much only getting this in hopes to get tackled by jad. Love you guys and love your show!!!

Apr. 10 2010 01:20 PM
Jordan

T-shirts would rock!

Apr. 09 2010 09:59 PM
Mike

I fourth the call for T-shirts.

Apr. 09 2010 04:26 PM
Hamid

You might see me at Union Sq farmers market, trader Joes, Greenpoint delicatessens and such rocking the tote. I'll be deeply disappointed if you do not fulfill your promise Jad :).

Apr. 09 2010 01:32 PM
Raphael

I'm with Helen. When are the t-shirts coming?

Apr. 09 2010 01:13 PM

PUNS! awesome

Apr. 09 2010 12:53 PM
Emily Halderman

I echo Helen's call to render this in "T" form. That would be a T-party I could get behind!

Apr. 09 2010 12:49 PM
izzie

i meant dollars not euro of course (55€ that is)

Apr. 09 2010 09:55 AM
izzie

I´m all for donations, but I think 75€ is slightly extreme no? is there any chance we can have the option for a more economical donation? no need for any cool totebags, but perhaps a beanie cap or a mug :D

Apr. 09 2010 09:54 AM
Helen Mansfield

This would make a rocking T-shirt. Get on the stick guys. Make it happen.

Apr. 09 2010 09:51 AM
Eddie Lin

I'd like to rock the Radiolab tote at my local Trader Joe's. I think all the single ladies will go nuts!

Apr. 09 2010 02:29 AM
Connor Walsh

Got one as a birthday gift via my US-resident brother – so I'm waiting for my "grey market Radiolab tote" to arrive here in London. It's like the iPad only it pays for our favourite show!

Apr. 08 2010 07:02 PM