AWE-MAGEDDON IS HERE!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hey everybody - Last night, Jad and Robert kicked off the first event in our live AWE-MAGEDDON series at the Greene Space. A good time was had by all--thanks to everyone who attended, in person and online! We'll be posting some of our favorite moments soon...so check back soon for some video excerpts.

Steve

Looking forward to the next live event... Any details yet?

May. 03 2010 04:38 PM
christopher

Yes please rebroadcast. Also, where's the information on the next one?? I'm trying to plan a trip to NYC to see it!

May. 03 2010 11:45 AM
Vanya222

Rebroadcast immediately.

Apr. 26 2010 05:52 PM
Alison

I had a fantastic time -- and thank you, Jad, for taking the time to chat with me! It was great to hear more about your intentions regarding RadioLab, and I appreciate your pointing out Lulu Miller so I could tell her how SUPER AWESOME that Bus Stop short was.

Apr. 19 2010 12:31 PM
MZR

as an aside... Wanted to let you know that the live show was indeed AWE-SOME! I loved the guest and their inspiring visuals plus the expected and delightful Jad-Robert banter. Such a nice change to 'see' the show and feel the energy. Will you guys be doing more live labs in the coming months?? I'm definitely going to make sure to be at the next one!
Thanks, guys!

Apr. 16 2010 10:51 AM
Susan

I'd like you to dig a lot deeper into the subject of Flash Mobs via Twitter. Doesn't it seem to you that it all has to start with a few leaders who broadcast to their followers? The mob isn't exactly spontaneous, as you describe. It initially builds out from a center. The sardines who gather information about prey and food from within an egalitarian group — their behavior is so instantaneous it almost defies singling out the leaders. But shouldn't we be able to determine who are the leaders who make the first Flash Mob broadcasts? And how do they decide where, when and how? How do they agglomerate followers and followers of followers? Iian (sp?) said that I might find out more about his research as it touches on "leadership" from the links you post on your site. I'd be very interested knowing where those links will be posted.
Thanks for a wonderful and thought-provoking evening!

Apr. 15 2010 01:24 PM
JB

Yeah, is this going to be rebroadcast? I only found out about it after the fact. :(

Apr. 15 2010 02:34 AM
justin

any chance of this being rebroadcast for those of us late to the ball?

Apr. 15 2010 12:19 AM
Skipper

Regarding the question on Flash Mobs being coordinated via Twitter: it seems that instantaneous, personal communication via mobile technology (like how Robert's cupcake line learned of Michael Jackson's death) might be allowing individuals or groups to be farther apart than their human senses would otherwise allow. A spontaneous mob is limited by the distance from which people can see and communicate with each other, but if distance stops being a limiting factor then you might get what the questioner mentioned, a distributed yet still coordinated flash mob.

It's exciting to think that the communication tech like the Internet might be 'unlimiting' our communication!

Apr. 14 2010 08:14 PM
Skipper

Haha, I love the you're streaming the stage rehearsal. I'm enjoying seeing Jad and Robert's candid banter. ;-)

Apr. 14 2010 04:23 PM
Skipper

Thanks for streaming the event! Should be exciting. :-)

Apr. 14 2010 04:12 PM