When we were putting together our Falling show, we came up with a wishlist of falling scenes we'd love to hear. If you're game, choose one and make an mp3 that's no longer than 25 seconds. Then, upload it to SoundCloud (you can use the widget below).
1) What would it sound like if one thousand superballs fell from the sky and landed on a field of accordions?
2) What would it sound like--from the perspective of a snow flake--to fall into a deep, dark russian forest in the dead of night? Post apocalypse. Not a human or animal left on earth. Just huge old pines. Imagine you’re the snowflake, headed toward them, from dark quiet clouds.
3) You know how your stomach feels when you go down a steep hill or suddenly drop in an elevator? What would it sound like if there was someone in your stomach while that happened? Kinda like Pinnochio, in the belly of the whale, falling in an elevator...
4) Adam has just taken a bite of the apple. All around him man transitions from innocence to guilt/ shame, leaves crumple, flowers blush...what does the fall sound like?
5) What is the sound of a flake of dander falling from off the head of an alien? A flake that gathers speed over a great distance, falls towards earth, and lands smack in the middle of a Jonas Brother’s concert?
6) What is the sound of circus mice trying to make a mousey pyramid (stacking in rows), when suddenly a desert wind blows in a throng of airborne clowns who make the mice laugh so hard they all fall down?
And for inspiration, check out how Sebastian "Seabass" Henshaw and Sasha Awn tackled our first falling call: “Two sumo wrestlers, locked in a sweaty-skin embrace, all of a sudden the gymnasium floor gives out under them, they fall crash through. What strange basement or underworld do they fall into?”