Come see our live show in DC!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

bird reflection bird reflection (Dan_H/flickr)

On November 13th, Jad and Robert will be on stage in Washington, DC for a live edition of Radiolab devoted to the notion of symmetry.

Philosophers in Ancient Greece and modern day particle physicists alike have pondered whether we live in a world that's fundamentally symmetric...or deeply asymmetric. In a night of fascinating voices, engaging images, and live musical performances, Jad and Robert will reflect on how symmetry tugs on our hearts and guides our lives--from sub-atomic molecular behaviors, to how your hair part might affect your likeability.

Click here to buy tickets for Radiolab's live show on November 13th in DC.

Hannah Dean

this photo is annoying in that it cuts off the feet of the bird, which are highly expressive features.

Jul. 02 2014 12:13 PM
Plain Jane from Arlington, VA

Thank you, Robert, Jad, and crew, for an amazing evening here in D.C. My 10 year-old son was enthralled, along with my husband and me. Can't wait until "Symmetry" is broadcast!

Nov. 14 2010 02:05 PM
Rosscott from DC

I'll be there. Can't wait!

Nov. 13 2010 05:43 PM

I'm looking for a ticket but cannot find one on Craigslist. If you have an extra, please e-mail me - KamalMe102@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Nov. 13 2010 10:51 AM
Amy in DC from Washington, DC

Anyone still wanting tickets should look on craigslist (DC area). There are a few for sale.

Nov. 12 2010 04:11 PM
Universer from Northern Virginia

Inconceivable!

Well, it's a radio show, right? Just done before a live audience, but they will be, you know, recording it, editing it, tying a bow on top of it and airing it, right?

It would be nice if it were live on radio/Internet, but that seems unlikely.

It would, however, be symmetrical. Just as much RadioLab given off inside the theatre as outside.

Oct. 31 2010 11:26 PM
Ali from Northern Virginia

Ahh man I can't believe the tickets went that fast? Does anyone know where to buy them from other people or if more will be made available?

Oct. 24 2010 02:41 PM
alp from dc

Definitely interested in tickets if any become available. Maybe those who can't go can post them here for sale?

Oct. 22 2010 09:28 AM
Pat

The show is sold out, please tape it and put it up online in a way that those who can not attend are still able to enjoy it.

Oct. 21 2010 08:50 AM
Veronica from Modena (Italy)

I can't wait to hear your show!
In Spring I collaborated with my Department and some high-school students to the planning and installation of an exhibit about symmetry in Earth sciences (mineralogy and paleontology), so I'm really looking forward to hear new things about symmetry in science!

Oct. 18 2010 08:48 AM
MarilB from nyc

You are indeed a lab of what it is to be human. Cannot wait to hear show. Starting with ourselves: our teleceptors and limbs appear symmetrical. Our internal organs are not. Even one side of our lungs has one more lobe than the other. We appear symmetrical on the outside, but inside we are not. And functionally, due to our history and habits we do not use our limbs and teleceptors symmetrically. Yet we have a drive for symmetry and lack of appreciation of our own asymmetries.

Oct. 17 2010 12:22 PM
Mahlet from DC

Very Saddened I really wanted to attend the show. :(

Oct. 14 2010 08:31 PM
Dan T from Baltimore, MD

Already sold out...extreme unhappiness. Still glad you guys are coming to DC though, have a groovy show ;)

Oct. 14 2010 03:25 PM
spencer310

Is there going to be a live stream of the show today? Pretty Please...

Oct. 13 2010 01:01 PM