You'd Look Great in This Hat

Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 02:30 PM

Brooke Gladstone, host of On the Media, is a woman of many talents -- including turning yarn into headgear. And she's offering up one of her creations to a lucky winner as part of our fall pledge drive. Contribute now and you'll automatically be entered to win a trip to NYC, including a tour of the Radiolab studio, lunch with Jad and Robert, and a hat specially crafted by Brooke. You don't have to pledge to enter the contest, but we really hope you will -- listener contributions are Radiolab's most significant source of funding. Thanks, and good luck!

Dylan from Oregon

I just have to say, as a knitter, calling a crocheted hat a "hand knitted hat" in the blurb is a good way to mildly frustrate a bunch of pedantic crafters. It look marvelous though.

Oct. 30 2013 02:39 PM
Cynthia Slutz from Kona, Hawaii

So son-in-law and I so enjoy your show/format…everything about it; as we arrived home from the local farmers' market one morning, we turned the car off and heard the 6-year old from the back seat yell in protest, "Hey, I'm listening! Don't turn it off!" A real npr driveway moment. 3 generation appeal.

Oct. 30 2013 12:22 PM
Sam Robinson from SW Virginia

Hands down best show on the air.

Oct. 29 2013 11:26 PM
Sarah Cairns from Rockville, MD

Let's have lunch.

Oct. 27 2013 04:04 PM
molly cody from Montclair, NJ

I am a proud Producers Circle member and am totally intrigued by this creative idea, so i could not resist putting my name into the "hat"!

Love you all! What would I do without you??? Can't even imagine

Oct. 26 2013 01:03 PM
Jorge Garcia from Chifley, ACT Australia

Hey guys, I pledged yesterday, and I chose not to receive a gift, but I wouldn't mind going in the draw to win a snazzy hat!

Oct. 25 2013 10:35 AM